Tyler Su is a digital product designer working intimately towards the future of social and creative expression online.
A Stanford graduate (🌲'21) studying a mix of product design, digital communications, cs, and data science
Currently designing social tools at Roblox 👾, the most popular game in the world
Previously founding member of Yada 🍄, microblogging for Gen Z which peaked at #8 on the App Store
I have interned & worked at agencies, startups, and in-house design teams, exposing me to many approaches to effective design and collaboration. My deep interests in empowering the next generation of students, creators, and leaders have taken me far and wide:
- Social tools at Roblox 👾 where 150m+ largely Gen Z players gather every month
- Founding team at Yada 🍄 a microblogging platform where teenagers have already contributed millions of guides, stories, and games
- Building design workshops 💡 for brand, innovation, and technologist leadership teams such as Lyft, Aesop, and Apple
- Led design for former democratic presidential nominee Andrew Yang, to empower young Americans 🇺🇸 to fight for their data privacy
- Reimagined virtual education for New York's public education system, serving tends of thousands of students at Practice Makes Perfect 🎒
- Created design & engineering curriculum and secured funding for the Atal Tinkering Lab with Project Dosti's Partner NGOs 🇮🇳
- Researched education efficacy and educational outcomes at the Stanford Center of Design Research 🔬
An incredible summer interning with Roblox on the social & 17s teams.
Building a social blogging platform for Gen Z, from the ground up. Venture backed.
The former presidential candidate's vision for all Americans to own their data rights.
A new approached to online learning and teaching. Venture backed.
I take a hands on approach to new problems and love to explore new ideas and product spaces in my free time. In the past, I've worked closely with college founders and entrepreneurs within the Forbes network to support at the early product stage. All have gone on to raise venture, and beyond!
My personal interests in fashion, history, and art give me drive. From managing 70+ creatives at the largest Stanford print and digital magazine, coding generative art, or recreating da Vinci’s Lion... I love working with throughtful, passionate teams on any and all exciting new projects.
Let me know if you’re looking for a product designer or team member, too!
Built an interactive art piece that demonstrates Lev Manovich's same concept.
Led design for stream of the most valuable product drops from over 1,000+ retailers.
Led 70+ & partnered w/ brands: Bloomingdales, VFILES, Neiman Marcus, & Norma Kamali.
Reconstructed Leonardo Da Vinci's Automata using time-specific materials and only his sketches.
When I'm not designing...
🏄♀️ Based in Los Angeles & Bay Area, California
🥖 Tending to my sourdough starter
☕ Roasting coffee beans
🧵 Sewing my dream closet
👂 Testing exciting new social products
🎴 Building my collection of card games
🇻🇳🇯🇵 Learning Vietnamese & Japanese
I’m an upcoming grad @ Stanford where I study a mix of product design, digital communications, engineering, and data science.
Design's superpower is empowering others to create their own imaginative spaces, intimate communities, and personal stories. This has molded my interests in a specific set of product spaces: consumer social, personal wellness, and commerce technologies.
Nothing gets me more excited than projects working towards this future!
Let's grab a virtual coffee sometime: